4.2 161
Texas 163617
28 June 09 thru 06 July 09
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was the first time to visit to this CG and can compare it to CGs we haved stayed at in FL! First, the wind was not an issue during the late June/early July time frame. It remained a balmy 84 degree (night) to 97 degree (day) during the whole period. It rained once, and very briefly. Check in was great. We were a late arrivals (meaning that we arrived after the marina was closed). This was by design as we were coming from El Paso to Corpus Christi, so we called ahead to let them know and they told us which site we were going to be in. We were also told to see the camp host for after hours check-in, but we actually arrived around mid-night due to problems on the road, so we decided not to bother them (I was thanked for that kind gesture by the host couple the next morning when we checked in at the marina). After our night arrival, I did a hasty set-up and we all climbed into our old 1985 Jayco 28 footer for a well deserved rest. The next morning, the kids, wife and kitty named "Socks" woke up to sun, sand, surf, salt water smells, and the sound of sea gulls. We had arrived! "I had to remind the kids not to feed the gulls any of my Alkaselzer tablets or it will be a crappy situation". A word about camping here during the 4th of July weekend; arrive early and leave late. There were alot of folks who came for the weekend, but the campground was not totally full. While camping at CCNAS, we enjoyed the side trips to the local area beaches, restaurants, museums and Sea World in San Antonio. Make sure to take advantage of the ITR/ITT office located by the BX. We also enjoyed the nearby pool and club/restaurant a few times for breakfast and lunch. Good Eats! When we were on the road, I did have tow vehicle problems, so I went to the auto craft shop and the guys there really helped me out (even called around looking for parts for me!). In short order, the old Chevy K3500 was deemed "mission capable" again and I gave my heart felt gratitude to the folks there. Just remember that there are quite a few resources on base and they are very, very user friendly. OK, the amenities... All is as advertised. We recommend that you take an "Air-Card" for internet. Cable TV...there is none. We had a DVD player for movies and a digital converter box to receive local channels. Otherwise we recommend that you have a Satellite Dish setup. (All this and we still call it "Kamping"?). Phones...you own a cell don't you? Mail...If you stay long enough, you can have your mail forwarded to the marina for pickup. Pets. They were very pet friendly. Ever see a kitty cat with a smile because he is on vacation?!? All in all, a really fun time was had by two grown folks, three kids and one cat. The only problem was that we had to leave.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or