4.2 161
Texas 163550
Aug. 25 - Sep. 1, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Nice park, right on Corpus Christi bay on Flour Bluff. One bridge east to Padre Island National Seashore, the largest undeveloped barrier island (70 miles of beach) left in the world. To the north is Mustang Island and the towns of Port Aransas and Aransas Pass, popular winter Texan destinations. Corpus Christi offers the USS Lexington Aircraft Carrier Museum and the Texas State Aquarium, both are great attractions for the kids and the grown ups. Check-in at the marina is a little out of the way if you are camping on a site on Shields Park, you have to make a big loop around the marina area and head 1/4 mile over to the campground. Host was great, even took the time to warn me of the impending tornado spotted on Mustang Island (the 50+ mph winds were my first clue that the storm was serious). I retreated to the concrete bath house so as not to be a tornado statistic. Noticed that the bathroom was very clean.
Pad was level, power was never below 117 volts and satellite reception was good, as there are very few trees. There is a fishing pier adjacent to the campground, which I enjoyed on several evenings. The commissary is adequate, as is the BX, and the club is excellent. Overall, a nice august visit, I'd definitely come back again. I camped here in a motor home.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or