4.2 161
Texas 163538
Jan. 1-31, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

G.L. left this review using the Directory software: Lots of stickers. The dog would not go on the grass after the first day. Lots of wind, mist, rain and fog. Lots of fishing opportunities but they tell me a Texas fishing license is $65, non-resident, for a year. Marina sites are on the grass and one unit had to be pulled out of the mud while we were there.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
February 11, 2010
Again, I come to the defense of Shields RV Park. I find the 3's very unfair and harmful to the park. I don't know what you call them where you come from but the "stickers" are called "sand spurs" where I live and they grow in sandy areas. Did you notice when you arrived didn't you notice all of the sand? And as for the unfortunate person who had to be pulled out of a stuck situation, I was there when the wind blew over an RV but I don't rate the place unsatisfactory because the wind blows: I knew that being that near the Gulf we would have wind and accepted it as you should the stickers. And the rate? Where can you find a better deal than the $15 a night you were charged while there? The people in the marina are there to help you and the hosts are adequate so why the 3 rating for hospitality and cleanliness? And why didn't you sign your name to the rating? My name is Don Fowler and I used to be host at Shields.
1 results - showing 1 - 1