Texas 163542
Dec 28-31, 2012
(Updated: January 14, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The navy personnel operating the campground were quite courteous. They were unable to accurately send us to an unoccupied site – some problem with their management software. We were initially sent to site 28 which was occupied. I called the office and was sent to site 31 which was occupied. I called in and told them that sites 32 and 33 were unoccupied and we would like site 33 which they approved. Site 33 had the power/water and sewer on the wrong side which was not a big problem. I just drove in, parked the trailer and drove the tow vehicle out over the grass. For some desire to submit to torture, I decided I wanted to watch the Dallas Cowboys sew up their non-playoff status, so I checked out the Direct TV remote and proceeded to bring up satellite TV and our Activity Center. The receiver could not find the satellite, probably because of the 50-MPH winds the night before. I returned the remote to the office and was told I could probably watch the game at the other park Activity Center. The person at the desk said, no, I forgot we just lost the power transformer for the Activity Center. I returned to my trailer and settled for watching the Packers play using my TV USB dongle on my laptop and tuning in the only usable TV channel. This is probably not the staff’s problem since most military facility restrooms are extremely clean. I hiked to the shower on the 31st and showered. There was a turd in the shower obviously deposited by some highly considerate camper.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or