4.2 161
Texas 163397
Dec 21 - 27, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our first experience using a military campground. Arriving on Station, the guard pulled a cone from the right entry lane to allow us through (thank you Sir!). BTW, we're a Big Rig, 45' and towing and 13' tall... we had no issue proceeding through the right hand covered entrance. When approaching the campground, there is a very small sign telling you to turn right, to the Marina to register... I held my breath and turned right... Don't be concerned... there is a MASSIVE turn around space in the Marina! The staff was very professional, courteous and helpful during the registration process (thanks folks you helped make the stay pleasurable). We selected our site and proceeded to the site and get setup. The sites are very large concrete "back in spaces" that easily accommodate Big Rigs albeit your nose will be at the very front of the site. The connections are via a single pole and very convenient. I'm sorry we didn't use any campground facilities (we're fully equipped) so we can't comment. There is a long fishing pier on the bay and a local gathering of huge jack rabbits on the premises. The Commissary and NEX are very convenient additions to a very nice campground! Two surprises though... First I was surprised at the number of "apparently" fulltime occupants and second, the total lack of regard for the posted speed limit. We will definitely return here, great facility!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or