4.2 161
Texas 163598
10-14 March 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stayed in the Shields area for our kids' Spring Break. Very nice and right by the water. There are many cement pads, however we were given an asphalt space with gravel surrounding it (30amp site). I noticed three cement pad spaces that were never taken throughout our stay. So I asked, and turns out they were already paid for, meaning the RV'ers left, but were returning to take their space. Next time I will request a 50amp site, which most all come with cable. Anyway, the shower room needs some updating, however everything was clean, worked and there was plenty of water pressure and heat. The laundry room was neat and the machines were FREE! We stayed three nights here and requested a fourth. We were told we'd have to move to the other RV park, just a short drive away. No big deal, we moved. Now we did notice that the day we moved nobody took the space we left...don't get it. Well the base is perfectly situated to visit the attractions in Corpus, and we found an awesome fish market just a couple of miles from the station, called Pauls Seafood (not a restaurant). Go there! The weather wasn't ideal as it was windy and somewhat cold. My daughter and her friend still got in the water. They collected A LOT of seashells! We will definitely return when it's warmer.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or