4.2 161
Texas 163403
July 31 - August 1, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

On our trip from Wisconsin to Corpus Christy, TX and back, this was one of three military campgrounds we stayed at. It was also the best with Tinker AFB and Lackland AFB being the other two. The facilities were awesome. Free laundry and the cleanest public facilities I have ever seen. The campground is less than 100 yards from the water/beach. The beach makes for some good walking and shell searching but probably not the best for swimming. The nice beaches such as S. Padre Island and Mustang Island are a very short drive away though. North Beach and the USS Lexington are a short drive away as well. There is a fishing pier but they said it was closed due to storm damage earlier in the year. I was expecting this since it was reported in other reviews. I was just hoping they had it fixed by the time we got there. We had no trouble getting a spot without reservations even though we arrived on a Friday afternoon. But our site was not on a clean concrete slab like most of the other sites. But, with a 19' travel trailer, it wasn't a problem. I am used to grass/gravel pads anyway. Full hookups and only $15 dollars a day for 30 amp service. You just cant beat that for what you get. There are virtually no trees or shade so make sure your A/C is in good working order if visiting in the summer. The sites are quite spacious and the grounds are kept immaculate. Just be careful of the gopher holes. Lots of them running around digging holes. Lots of Jack Rabbits as well. Never saw or heard any coyotes as others reported in previous reviews. There were some nasty burs in the grass. You wont want to walk from the campsite to the bathrooms barefoot across the grass.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 15 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or