4.4 34
Texas 191623
June 23, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a beautiful campground with well developed sites, some with lake views.  Be aware that this is the former Fort Sam Houston Rec area and the former Randolph AFB rec area is right across the road.  Both are now under Air Force management as part of the JBSA organization and the names can be confusing.  We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay here and hope to return.  The area is exceptionally clean and well maintained.  Lots of wildlife to watch.  Bath houses are rather run down, but clean.  Several restaurants and a grocery story nearby (not walking distance, though). While the area is exceptional, the management is a little harried.  Just a few, of several examples - no one answered when I called to make a reservation.  After repeated calls, I finally got through at 3:45 pm and was told that they close at 4 pm, and had already closed up so couldn't make a reservation, but I probably wouldn't need a reservation on a Thursday night.  When we arrived at the gate the next day, the entrance was unmanned and it took several calls to get the gate opened.  The one person at the office was trying to answer multiple radio and telephone calls while checking me in.  To few people, poorly organized, trying to do to many things and doing none of them well.  The only thing lacking at this FAMCAMP is customer service and good management.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 15 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or