4.1 62
Virginia 98151
Attempted on 2 Oct 08
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

L.S. left this review using the Directory software: A very unhappy camper. Called numerous times, no answer, rcvd voicemail msg. Finally left a msg. Called was not returned as voicemail msg said it would be. Finally someone answered on the Friday before I planned to arrive on Sunday. Manager who answered informed that since 1). the park was off-base and 2). I had never stayed there before so she couldn't verify my eligibility......I was basically denied access to the campground. I.E. I couldn't arrive on a Sunday. She would NOT accept my word on the phone that I was a retired O-5. So she referred me to the Sea Mist campground over at the NAS Oceana Dam Neck annex since it was on-base and I would be required ti show my ID at the gate. Now how many people will call a military FAMCAMP and lie over the phone about their status/eligibility!! So I called Sea Mist, left a msg which was returned within an hour, the temp Manager, Gary was very cordial, told me I was welcome to come in on Sunday and select any open campsite and provided the combo to the restrooms. So bottomline, don't plan to arrive on a Thursday or Sunday if you've never stayed there before, you'll be denied access because the manager won't take your honest word over the phone that you're eligibile.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or