4.4 109
Virginia 180416
15-20 March 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Reservations were simple and easy over the phone, I made ours about two weeks in advance. Main gate has some obstacles/barriers but not real difficult to get around, military ID will be required to get on base. Check-in to MWR outdoors prior to heading to campground, they are on "D" street, turn left when you see base gas station. The lot of the MWR outdoors has a drive around so no need to worry about pulling in and turning around. If you like to take photos, as my wife does, take them now as there is no need to come back to the MWR for anything else. The do have some stuffed animals inside. I was assigned a spot for the campground but was told by the folks at MWR that if I liked another spot better just go ahead and take it, just give them a call to let them know which spot I would be in. I was assigned spot 10 on the first row coming into the campground, this is where the majority of campers were. We took spot 31 instead, only one row from the bath house. All spots are concrete pads with 20/30/50 amp service, cable TV, sewer, water, picnic table, and fire ring/grill. WIFI is available for free, on average I was getting 2 MBPS download and 1 MBPS upload, not bad but not for videos. It was spotty at times but generally acceptable. Morning and evening colors were played loud enough to hear over any noise you may be making inside or outside your camper. There is a nice wide trail through the woods by the campground which is good for hiking, not very demanding. There is no camp host or on site presence of authority, all things go through MWR, they were friendly, courteous, and professional. There are six individual bathrooms with shower, sink and toilet, and a laundry room with 3 washers and dryers, $1.50 per load. The bathrooms and laundry are in the same new building along with a community/get together room. The bathrooms and laundry could use attention more often, for being brand new I was expecting a clean environment. Overall it is tough not to be impressed with this new facility, we loved the location and will definitely stay here again in the future.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or