West Virginia 29729
28 - 30 May 2013
(Updated: June 04, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a neat little place. Sugar Grove and the Sea Bee park are really the same location on NIOC in Brandywine WV. The sad side is that all the base personnel I spoke with mentioned that the base is scheduled to close... As time goes by more and more of these smaller bases are closing. Location: You won't stumble on this bases/community. It really is tucked in the mountains and entirely self contained community. GPS: N 38* 34.368 / W 079* 16.413. Cleanliness/Hospitality: the base is very well kept and EVERYONE I ran into was very friendly. Amenities/Facilities: The is a ONE PUMP gas station, a small Commissary (but all you would need), an NEX(Shopette, a Community Center with bar that serves dinner (I did not eat or drink there). There were 3 full hook up (30 AMP) sites by the services building and six(E&W) sites in Seabee campground which is really the same location. I considered the E&W site but when told the electric should be good but no one had used the site yet this season and my lack of a surge protector I stuck in the full hook up. There is no true bath house but behind the shopette was a pool and changing room. The pool was closed but the showers were open, clean and hot water with good pressure. No laundry on base. I was told I could eat in the mess facility but I did not so I can't comment. Cell service (Verizon) is NON EXISTANT in the mountains and on the entire base. There was wifi that I could pick up from the rental cabins (not reachable in the rustic sites). It was a good speed but connectivity dropped occasionally. They have a Redbox movie rental at the Commissary and a car wash. Again, it really is a small little base - but I liked it. Value: 10$ a night... Nuff said. Overall experience: I truly had a nice time at this location. The MWR staff was awesome and all people were very nice and quick with a smile. I hope the location is very slow to actually close for the active duty and for us retirees looking for a nice like spot to visit. I hope to return one day.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or