Corona Virus - Campground Closures

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17296 by tetonchief52
Replied by tetonchief52 on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
I am at MacDill. I am a full timer. Currently they are letting people stay until their reservation end date, however, if the Health Condition goes to "Charlie" (currently Bravo) all campers will be forced to leave the base.
I think this is just plain STUPID! You are literally throwing retired/and or disabled vets out on the street to fend for themselves. Many with reservations for when they are due to leave are receiving emails their res is cancelled. Even State and local commercial camp grounds are closing. At least at FAMCAMP you are secure and the government is getting their money (most is credit card/autom payment) so no personal interaction). Allowing people already on a FAMCAMP to stay until this blows over and/or an all clear to move about is a win/win for the base and the camper. I have written everyone I can about this and only get caned responses from those emails (thank you, things are changing rapidly, continue to check the DOD or base web site, blah, blah, blah). I marched into the Force Support Sq yesterday to talk to a real person--wanted the commander, but the 1st Sgt intercepted me. Gave him my pitch and we shared with the Supt and the Civ in charge. They said they would pass it along as above their pay grade, everything is changing all the time, refer to the base web site, blah, blah, blah. They took my number and said they would get back to me. Last night I wrote to Sen Rick Scott, ,y FL Senator and a former Vet. Hoping he can talk to Sec Def or somebody to look at this and make a uniform policy. Normally I would be leaving in April to go out west to work in the National Parks but they are saying we don't know yet if they are going to open on time or at all so don't come until you hear from us.
I hope all of you that use the FAMCAMP's (especially if you are a full timer) will write you Senator or Congressman as I believe at this point they are the only ones that will get this to the right person in the fastest manner.I may be missing something here, but it seems like a no brainer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stenberg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17298 by joexfour
Replied by joexfour on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Shields RV (FamCamp) on the Seabee Base in Gulfport, MS is no longer accepting new campers. Existing campers can stay.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17299 by jomarprop
Replied by jomarprop on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
We are at Shields RV Park at Navy Construction Battalion in Gulfport, MS. As of yesterday we were told that those that are here can stay the duration of their reservation but no new reservations are being made. Not sure about existing reservations.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17300 by sussyq
Replied by sussyq on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Has anyone heard about On Slow Beach in NC closing? Going in 3 weeks

• ipolady
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • My actions will tell you who I am
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17301 by ipolady
Replied by ipolady on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
does that mean that they are going to kick you out if you want to extend your stay?

Be Great!!!!
Cee Cee Broughton

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17302 by LadyME
Replied by LadyME on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Will let you know if I hear anything.We have reservations for mid April also.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17303 by C-141usaf
Replied by C-141usaf on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
I'm not very tecky so I hope this makes it to the board

March Air reserve Base moreno valley ca.
closed to New campers.. I was fortunate to be able to stay.
they said we could stay as long as we pay our rent
We've been here for some time and are considered safe.
And would rather have us stay than to push us out into the community
this policy is unclear how long will be in effect.
Two week? Two months?
Be safe and wish well to all
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, Stenberg

• Linda.ebay@aol.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17304 by Linda.ebay@aol.com
Replied by Linda.ebay@aol.com on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
We are at Patrick AFRB Manatee Cove Campground. They closed to new campers as of Friday, March 20th. Those already here may stay till the end of their reservation and they may extend you on a case to case basis. We had reservations to Mayport, FL and Charleston, SC. Both were cancelled last week by the campgrounds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17305 by JudyC
Replied by JudyC on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
We were at Camp Carlson (Ft Knox) until Sunday March 22. We stopped at MWR on the 20th; they told us that the camp wasn't likely to be closed because it provides lodging, which is a priority. It also allows for social distancing, more than a hotel would. That sounded promising, so we made tentative plans to stop for a few nights next weekend on our way back home. But having read all of these closure reports makes me doubt what MWR said. So we aren't planning to stay at this cg again on this trip.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17306 by scasteel
Replied by scasteel on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
We are here at Ft Sam and yes they have been letting new campers in but they have closed all non-24hr gates. So take that into consideration for entering the post

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17307 by chief3tim
Replied by chief3tim on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Dover AFB is also closed.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17308 by JimUSMC
Replied by JimUSMC on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
This may be a duplicate message- just cancelled 5/17 for Dover AFB, they told us they were cancelling everyone but hadn’t got to us yet. Not sure how far out they are cancelling.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17309 by Joe in TN
Replied by Joe in TN on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Re: Reservation at Point Mugu, CA
Received a call that Mugu would be closed for 60 days.

Recently camped at Blanding and loved it. Wrote a blog post about our stay: www.easingalong.com/fun/on-the-march-for...ter-to-camp-blanding

Thanks, Larry for keeping us updated. As a part-time RVer, I totally support the new policy at Sigsbee.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17310 by gonserbj
Replied by gonserbj on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Also just heard from Kings Bay GA Navy Lodge - they are cancelling Leisure type reservations

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17311 by rpshep10
Replied by rpshep10 on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
I'm staying at Smith Lake (Fort Bragg). The MWR office here has been closed. I went to the office this morning. It appears that all pending reservations are being honored at this time. Envelopes for pending arrivals are outside the office at Smith Lake with the individuals name and site number. When you call the office number you will get a recording.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17312 by TCrawf5825
Replied by TCrawf5825 on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
These closings are 100 % unsat !! I just don't see any good logic. Let's take Admiral Baker in San Diego for example. I can pay via telephone, go to the office, get my paperwork posted outside (like what happens when checking in after-hours at a civilian park. Then go to the site and hook up without even coming in contact with anyone. So knowing that management could help us without endangering their people what is the real reason? Many of us are full-time Rv'ers and without parks, we are screwed. I explained that to the operator at 877-NAVYBEd and was told: "can't you go to a civilian park ?"

That comment highlights the problem! The military has a reputation for helping its people both active and retired in times of crisis. Instead, it appears that the prevailing attitude has changed too, To hell with you, we don't want anything to do with you, go out in town and pay double if you can find a place, we just don't give a damn. Management ( I refuse to call them leaders, even bad ones) disgusts me and should at a minimum be reprimanded. They are not helping their people while actively hurting us full-time RVers.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17313 by sussyq
Replied by sussyq on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Has anyone heard about NC On Slow Beach campground?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17314 by LadyME
Replied by LadyME on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
As of today, 3/23/2020
1. Camp Meade, MD. RV park closed, nobody in office.Can email to get refund for reservations.
2. Parris Island, SC. Entire base is closed to all except permanent folks. Nobody in office to cancel reservation. Try emailing for refund.
3. Onslow Beach, NC still open and taking reservations

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17316 by Joe in TN
Replied by Joe in TN on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Sorry, tetonchief52, but I think it is stupid that RVers are allowed to stay at McDill for 180 days in the first place. This is a campground, not a place for homesteading. I sincerely hope you are allowed to stay, but I do think a policy change is in order so that others are allowed to use the campground occasionally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregm2k

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #17317 by Bothfeet
Replied by Bothfeet on topic Corona Virus - Campground Closures
Blue Angel Rec Area Pensacola is not accepting new reservations until May 11. Can stay if you are already here

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds