Review Detail

4.2 24
13-15 July 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed here a a couple of days on a trip to the Northeast. Electric & water hookups with good underused little dump station. The campground was easy enough to find after coming through the gate but I thought I was going the wrong way when I started in, looked more like an alley than a road going into the gate. There are 6 sites 2 are pull through and the others are back in. The back in sites have the water & power posts near the front side of the site which could be a problem with short cords and water lines. No sewer, cable or WIFI and very little of anything on base. There is a small shoppete which also sells gas, NO DIESEL. The campground was very quiet, clean with only one other camper there during our stay. The site we were on was fairly level we used only one inch under the tires on one side to level up. Very little shade around the campground and none around the sites. Nice screened gazebo with lights inside and out. No using your own grill without getting it inspected by the fire dept., there are 3 firepit type grills there with fire extinguishers right next to them. They obviously take fires very serious. There is a paved bike/walk path that runs beside the road from the gate past the CG to the pond and picnic area. If you continue past the gas station/pond and picnic area toward the main gate there is a small canteen on the left and the area housing the Elk is on the right. I missed the Elk on the first bike ride to this area so the next time I walked the same route and saw the large enclosure with the Elk just past a nice workout trail. For $20 a night I expected a little more but the location was good for me. We will use this facility again when in the Richmond area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts